Wednesday 24 March 2010

The return of the rear???

I brought a pair of highwaisted Levi shorts recently and when a put them on I realized they gave me Eighties bottom. To be honest I was shocked to see my bum on display as really our rears have had a big break from the spotlight. Even though they have been sucked into skinny jeans they have remained hidden under long tops and dresses. Men’s bottoms have also been enjoying a long hiatus as they have been left swimming in an ocean of denim for what seems like forever.

Would any woman appreciate a return of bum enhancing jeans? I think most of my friends are quite glad that their bum is behind them so they can pretend it doesn’t exist like a Chinese symbol tattoo you have on your back. I think this bad relationship most of us have with our bum would lead me to think that we would go for a minimizing rather than enhancing option.

Would a rear renaissance for men’s jeans be a good thing? I personally don’t get the whole ‘check out the arse on that’ thing. Men’s bottoms don’t even register for me. I would be severely traumatized if a man that I liked wore anything that highlighted his hiney.

Or even worse is when you see the seam of the jean going up the bum a little or if you see a man clench their buttocks! They usually do it when they’re having an awkward conversation with someone in the office. The poor seam becoming the reluctant slice of cheese in a buttock sandwich.


No comments: