Tuesday 22 July 2008

What are you so scared of?

I have a fear of confrontation. I would run a mile to avoid going head to head with someone. I will constantly put myself out to avoid having to say no to someone. Even though i realize that if i say no nothing bad will happen i still can't get past the fear. Fear is a tool of survival, you're scared of things that could eat you. But my friends can't eat me so why am i scared of them?

It's learnt behaviour as i feel like i spent my the first half of life telling my mum to chill out. My sister is exactly the same but possibly worse, i think as the older sister she had the added worry of looking after her out of control sister (me). I am not angry at my childhood though, there's worse things to inherit.

I don't suit this fear though and i want to take it back to the shop. I think the only way to get over something is confront it. Like when you shitting your self that someone is in your wardrobe the only way to get any sleep is to check your wardrobe is empty. That's what i need to do. I have to confront my fears and start telling people to f*ck off.

No comments: